Sunday, July 24, 2005

Grandma

Spoke to my Grandma yesterday on the phone. I talk to her with an accent, its fun that way. Haven't spoken to her for weeks now. She would usually call during Sunday mornings before I go to church or even late in the evenings. I wrote her a letter a few weeks ago regarding my "minor" requests. I asked for a copy of a nursing book by Kozier and an MP3 player. And she told me about the good news that she already ordered for the book and she even threw in some extra reviewers for the NCLEX exam. I was thrilled! The MP3 on the other hand will be handled by my Uncle Sam (who works in Sony) since my Grandma has no idea whatsover what it was, she probably thinks that its a microwave machine or a kitchen appliance of some sort. Everytime we would talk she would always ask me when will I graduate.

"Matagal pa po..."

She's already senile at 78.

And she's anticipating for my coming to live with them in Sun Valley, Cali., 3-4 years from now I hope. By then I would be taking care of her and my Grandpa. Everytime I would hear her voice I feel like I'm being drawn to her closer. I wasn't the only recipient of her kindness and generosity, she provided for the education to several of my relatives including my Uncles who studied before.

"Take it easy Mr. Nurse, concentrate well on your studies and get here fast 'coz your Lola is getting older." That's her line.

"Be there in a jiff!"

She was one of the reasons why I took up nursing, she encouraged us to study long before the demands occured. She always tells me to thank the Lord for His blessings and be grateful for the opportunities and privileges that we have. And I am, for her.

Her strange slang accent would always make me simper. <3

Kaya kelangan ko mag-practice ng English ko di ba? hehe...

2 Comments:

Blogger Marye said...

Kuya jaivy!!!! happppyyyy birthday! ehehe. happiness in life, yun lang! God bless!

9:14 PM  
Blogger boy okoy said...

Hey there! Salamat po. :)

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home